Award Show :
If this is the way hip hop is then I denounce it.
This is not about ego. This is about what I can bring to the world. My life is for the people. I live to give.
It’s my desire to bring life and freedom light and love everywhere I go. Upward mobility in the brown skinned community.
Who stands off at an award show because they don’t win? An award is winning at being as “stuck in a category” as possible. Congratulations to all the trophy holders who won at being the most like every one else.
I could have sworn hip hop was on the come up. But apparently rapping is about venting, bashing, chauvinistic pigging, and EGO. Not cool. Don’t LET me start rapping. (album in stores november 30th)
They say…I’m ecclectic. I’m underrated. I’m different. Well If I win an award it’s because I paved a way. Every award I’ve won was new in it’s category. You know why? Because I’m amazing at being my damn self.
Grammy - best alternative R&B song Centric award - Soul Approved Etc.
Have u even heard of those categories? Nope. But guess what? You ain’t never seen another me. And u never will. No ego here. Why? Because it’s none needed. My award is waking up every morning and CAKING off of what I believe in by the grace of God.
LET FREEDOM REIGN - in stores NOVEMBER 30th. Go pick that up.
Maybe I’ll call my 4th album “winners : just like every body else” maybe not.
I pray with every song I sing Im singing from the bottom of my heart. If all we want is an award for telling our truths, then we really have no true reason. This isn’t a competition. This is a stage for self expression and I’m grateful for the opportunity to live on it. I’d sing even if nobody sang along.
-from the bottom of my disappointed heart. Hip Hop… Man up. I wanted to be supportive but I can’t understand you. I believed in you… But apparently you’re so high you can’t even see what the world needs.
Is all hip hop like that? Absolutely not! But some of it certainly is. Let me spit a few bars. I’m not that kinda hip hop. I rep hip hop too. But not that kinda ego trippin foolery.
Chrisette Michele - the girl on that Aston Martin Music record…
- 2-tearsinabucket likes this
- rubies25 likes this
- fannie-barnes reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- adoree-bradley reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- gleamingplaster likes this
- prefessionalu likes this
- complexmindkelsz likes this
- achetervefa likes this
- dsampaolo likes this
- enpause likes this
- telephonie-mobile likes this
- recette-tagada likes this
- iamshilla likes this
- bubbabrikdik likes this
- unspeakablybeautiful likes this
- chocolatcream likes this
- poetrysconfidante likes this
- rachgodcity reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- justhowifeel357 reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- chizznotcheese reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- xeenk likes this
- livedandloved likes this
- thequietriot reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- winebeforelaundry likes this
- mattenero reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- luvnmusicnthangs reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- di-empress likes this
- mscamyakafattums likes this
- urbangem reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- mdotmllr likes this
- southernlgldiva likes this
- workfmhomediva likes this
- notuserfriendly likes this
- donaworldwide reblogged this from chrisettemichele
- beholdalady likes this
- catelouie reblogged this from chrisettemichele and added:
- chrisettemichele posted this